Through the pastoral care provided by Pastors and lay people, members can be encouraged through fellowship, prayers, pastoral visits and counselling. The people of God are also encouraged to demonstrate Jesus' love and compassion in tangible ways within the body of Christ.
Our mission at GMC is to GROW AND MAKE DISCIPLES for CHRIST. With the above ministry, we hope that members at GMC will be encouraged and strengthened in their faith journey with JESUS CHRIST, our Saviour and Lord.
To identify and befriend every newcomer until they are comfortably settled at GMC to encourage newcomers to join the church activities or age-group ministry, wherever possible to reach out to church members who require pastoral care and support to build up the faith of those who are in need of physical, emotional and spiritual support.
- Visitation Team — for the needy, sick and homebound
- Befriender Team — to befriend and provide follow up on new comers
- Bereavement Team — to support the Pastor at wake/funeral services
Currently, there are about eight members who join the Pastor for visitation. The visit would cover the following areas:
- The homebound/aged/elderly sick in nursing homes or at their residence. A Pastor or an Elder will administer the Holy Communion to members who are baptized (Monthly Basis)
- The sick in hospital—to pray and encourage those who are frail and unwell (As and when Required)
- Members with specific needs, such as, house-blessing, personal concern, crisis and etc.
- Upon member's request, the Pastor may visit the family to provide pastoral counseling and guidance (By Appointment)